Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Another Scrappy FLimsy

Here's another all scrap quilt.  The blue is from a quilt I made for a wedding present.  The nine patch is 2 1/2 inch squares.  A lot of the scraps are from friends who don't work with small pieces. 

I love this type of mindless sewing.  This makes nine flimsies on a hanger to iron and sandwhich.  This is a small quilt for a newborn.  I always make large baby quilts, but my daughter mentioned when the baby was newborn, she would have used a smaller quilt more oftern.  So I am making a few smaller ones.  I love making them, as they are a lot faster.

These nine patches are from when I was doing a block a day,  I do love whipping out a tip with all the pieces sitting in a box.

This quilt is already sandwhiched.  I will try to quilt it tomorrow on my day off.

No comments: