Thursday, August 29, 2013

Working on finishes


I love working with scraps.  It is always so fun to pick borders for these scrappy quilts.  But borders is where my project usually stops, and then the expense starts.  So I have a new plan.  When I buy a border, I now buy enough for several quilts.  This will cut down on the time it takes me to find a border, and it will also save money, because I won't just be putting the leftovers in with my scraps.  It will go to finish at least 3 quilts.  I am kinda doubting my color now.  I usually use a brown or green for borders so that it is fairly neutral quilt.  I do this as most quilts are given to people I really don't know.  Red is a little bold.  It went with the quilt I am working on, and I didn't think of it at the time that it is not a neutral color to put in the quilt. 

So would you give a quilt to someone that is really bold, or would you make it neutral to fit in with there home colors?

No comments: